Scratchscratch (skrach),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to break, mar, or mark the surface of by rubbing, scraping, or tearing with something sharp or rough: to scratch one's hand on a nail.
- to dig, scrape, or tear (something) out or off with or as if with the nails, claws, etc.: to scratch the burs off one's coat.
- to rub or scrape slightly, as with the fingernails, to relieve itching.
- to rub or draw along a rough, grating surface: to scratch a match on the sidewalk.
- to erase, cancel, strike out, or eliminate (a name, something written, etc.) by or as if by drawing a line through it (often fol. by out): Scratch out the third name on the list.
- to withdraw (an entry) from a race or competition.
- [U.S. Politics.]
- to divide (one's vote) though predominantly supporting one political party or faction.
- to strike out or reject a particular name or names on (a party ticket) in voting.
- to write or draw by scraping or cutting the lines into a surface: She scratched her initials on the glass.
- to manipulate (a phonograph record) back and forth under the stylus to produce rhythmic sounds.
- to use the nails, claws, etc., for tearing, digging, etc.
- to relieve itching by rubbing or scraping lightly, as with the fingernails.
- to make a slight grating noise, as a pen.
- to earn a living or to manage in any respect with great difficulty: We scratched along that year on very little money.
- to withdraw or be withdrawn from a contest or competition.
- (in certain card games) to make no score;
earn no points.
- [Billiards, Pool.]to make a shot that results in a penalty, esp. to pocket the cue ball without hitting the object ball.
- a slight injury, mar, or mark, usually thin and shallow, caused by scratching: three scratches on my leg; a noticeable scratch on the table.
- a rough mark made by a pen, pencil, etc.;
- an act of scratching.
- the slight grating sound caused by scratching.
- the starting place, starting time, or status of a competitor in a handicap who has no allowance and no penalty.
- [Billiards, Pool.]
- a shot resulting in a penalty, esp. a pocketing of the cue ball without hitting the object ball.
- a fluke or lucky shot.
- (in certain card games) a score of zero;
- [Baseball.]See scratch hit.
- See scratch wig.
- from scratch:
- from the very beginning or starting point.
- from nothing;
without resources: After the depression he started another business from scratch.
- up to scratch, in conformity with a certain standard;
satisfactory: The local symphony orchestra has improved this year, but it is still not up to scratch.
- used for hasty writing, notes, etc.: scratch paper.
- without any allowance, penalty, or handicap, as a competitor or contestant.
- done by or dependent on chance: a scratch shot.
- gathered hastily and indiscriminately: a scratch crew.
- done or made from scratch: a scratch cake.
Cardscard1 (kärd),USA pronunciation n.
- a usually rectangular piece of stiff paper, thin pasteboard, or plastic for various uses, as to write information on or printed as a means of identifying the holder: a 3ʺ × 5ʺ file card; a membership card.
- one of a set of thin pieces of cardboard with spots, figures, etc., used in playing various games;
- cards, (usually used with a sing. v.)
- a game or games played with such a set.
- the playing of such a game: to win at cards.
- Casino. the winning of 27 cards or more.
- [Whist.]tricks won in excess of six.
- Also called greeting card. a piece of paper or thin cardboard, usually folded, printed with a message of holiday greeting, congratulations, or other sentiment, often with an illustration or decorations, for mailing to a person on an appropriate occasion.
- something useful in attaining an objective, as a course of action or position of strength, comparable to a high card held in a game: If negotiation fails, we still have another card to play.
- See calling card (def. 1).
- See credit card.
- See bank card.
- a program of the events at races, boxing matches, etc.
- a menu or wine list.
- See compass card.
- See punch card.
- board (def. 14a).
- See trading card.
- a person who is amusing or facetious.
- any person, esp. one with some indicated characteristic: a queer card.
- in or on the cards, impending or likely;
probable: A reorganization is in the cards.
- play one's cards right, to act cleverly, sensibly, or cautiously: If you play your cards right, you may get mentioned in her will.
- put one's cards on the table, to be completely straightforward and open;
conceal nothing: He always believed in putting his cards on the table.
- to provide with a card.
- to fasten on a card.
- to write, list, etc., on cards.
- to examine the identity card or papers of: The bartender was carding all youthful customers to be sure they were of legal drinking age.
Asas1 (az; unstressed əz),USA pronunciation adv.
- to the same degree, amount, or extent;
equally: I don't think it's as hot and humid today as it was yesterday.
- for example;
for instance: Some flowers, as the rose, require special care.
- thought to be or considered to be: the square as distinct from the rectangle; the church as separate from the state.
- in the manner (directed, agreed, promised, etc.): She sang as promised. He left as agreed.
- as well. See well 1 (def. 11).
- as well as. See well 1 (def. 12).
- (used correlatively after an adjective or adverb prec. by an adverbial phrase, the adverbial as, or another adverb) to such a degree or extent that: It came out the same way as it did before. You are as good as you think you are.
- (without antecedent) in the degree, manner, etc., of or that: She's good as gold. Do as we do.
- at the same time that;
when: as you look away.
because: As you are leaving last, please turn out the lights.
- though: Questionable as it may be, we will proceed.
- with the result or purpose: He said it in a voice so loud as to make everyone stare.
- [Informal.](in dependent clauses) that: I don't know as I do.
- [Midland and Southern U.S. and Brit. Dial.]than.
- as … as, (used to express similarity or equality in a specified characteristic, condition, etc., as between one person or thing and another): as rich as Croesus.
- as far as, to the degree or extent that: It is an excellent piece of work, as far as I can tell.
- as for or to, with respect to;
in reference to: As for staying away, I wouldn't think of it.
- as good as:
- equivalent to;
practically: as good as new.
- true to;
trustworthy as: as good as his word.
- as how, [Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.]that;
whether: He allowed as how it was none of my business. I don't know as how I ought to interfere.
- as if or though, as it would be if: It was as if the world had come to an end.
- as is, in whatever condition something happens to be, esp. referring to something offered for sale in a flawed, damaged, or used condition: We bought the table as is.
- as it were, in a way;
so to speak: He became, as it were, a man without a country.
- as long as. See long1 (def. 39).
- as of, beginning on;
on and after;
from: This price is effective as of June 23.
- as regards, with regard or reference to;
concerning: As regards the expense involved, it is of no concern to him.
- as such:
- as being what is indicated;
in that capacity: An officer of the law, as such, is entitled to respect.
- in itself or in themselves: The position, as such, does not appeal to him, but the salary is a lure.
- as yet, up to the present time;
until now: As yet, no one has thought of a solution.
- (used relatively) that;
which (usually prec. by such or the same): I have the same trouble as you had.
- a fact that: She did her job well, as can be proved by the records.
- [New England, Midland, and Southern U.S.]who;
that: Them as has gets.
- in the role, function, or status of: to act as leader.
Weddingwed•ding (wed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act or ceremony of marrying;
- the anniversary of a marriage, or its celebration: They invited guests to their silver wedding.
- the act or an instance of blending or joining, esp. opposite or contrasting elements: a perfect wedding of conservatism and liberalism.
- a merger.
- of or pertaining to a wedding: the wedding ceremony; a wedding dress.
Favoursfa•vour (fā′vər),USA pronunciation n., v.t. [Chiefly Brit.]
See -or 1.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Jeweljew•el ( jo̅o̅′əl),USA pronunciation n., v., -eled, -el•ing or (esp. Brit.) -elled, -el•ling.
- a cut and polished precious stone;
- a fashioned ornament for personal adornment, esp. of a precious metal set with gems.
- a precious possession.
- a person or thing that is treasured, esteemed, or indispensable.
- a durable bearing used in fine timepieces and other delicate instruments, made of natural or synthetic precious stone or other very hard material.
- an ornamental boss of glass, sometimes cut with facets, in stained-glass work.
- something resembling a jewel in appearance, ornamental effect, or the like, as a star.
- to set or adorn with jewels.
Hello folks, this post is about Scratch Cards As Wedding Favours #5 With Jewel Embellishment. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 873 x 728. It's file size is only 75 KB. If You ought to save It to Your laptop, you should Click here. You may too see more attachments by clicking the picture below or read more at here: Scratch Cards As Wedding Favours.
We'll provide you with some tips about Scratch Cards As Wedding Favours #5 With Jewel Embellishment, today. Regulate Budget. Wedding charges that are pricey will considerably affect the budget of one's wedding ring. You'll be able to adjust the needs in accordance with the budget you have, after choosing the style and supplies. Since the value is quite affordable, in case your budget isn't a lot of, silver wedding rings is an alternative.
Messages Together. Place an order marriage rings using your associate is important. Thus the likelihood of one of the ring size will soon be smaller. Therefore, you the size of the band that ideal and can pick a primary metal to become applied. Your wedding ring that may appear excellent if the message is completed in that way.
Not only that, palladium wedding ring also has an inexpensive cost in comparison with silver and jewelry, but the quality isn't lost with silver palladium. Palladium is among the favorite of the men's wedding rings.
Effectively, on the internet to obtain the ideas later, you can view some images to get a Scratch Cards As Wedding Favours with the greatest style and items.