Whywhy (hwī, wī),USA pronunciation adv., conj., n., pl. whys, interj.
- for what? for what reason, cause, or purpose?: Why did you behave so badly?
- for what cause or reason: I don't know why he is leaving.
- for which;
on account of which (usually after reason to introduce a relative clause): the reason why he refused to go.
- the reason for which: That is why he returned.
- a question concerning the cause or reason for which something is done, achieved, etc.: a child's unending hows and whys.
- the cause or reason: the whys and wherefores of a troublesome situation.
- (used as an expression of surprise, hesitation, etc., or sometimes a mere expletive): Why, it's all gone!
Dodo1 (do̅o̅;[unstressed]dŏŏ, də),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. do, 2nd do or ([Archaic]) do•est or dost, 3rd does or ([Archaic]) do•eth or doth, pres. pl. do* past sing. 1st pers. did, 2nd did or ([Archaic]) didst, 3rd did, past pl. did;
past part. done;
pres. part. do•ing;
n., pl. dos, do's.
- to perform (an act, duty, role, etc.): Do nothing until you hear the bell.
- to execute (a piece or amount of work): to do a hauling job.
- to accomplish;
complete: He has already done his homework.
- to put forth;
exert: Do your best.
- to be the cause of (good, harm, credit, etc.);
- to render, give, or pay (homage, justice, etc.).
- to deal with, fix, clean, arrange, move, etc., (anything) as the case may require: to do the dishes.
- to travel;
traverse: We did 30 miles today.
- to serve;
suffice for: This will do us for the present.
- to condone or approve, as by custom or practice: That sort of thing simply isn't done.
- to travel at the rate of (a specified speed): He was doing 80 when they arrested him.
- to make or prepare: I'll do the salad.
- to serve (a term of time) in prison, or, sometimes, in office.
- to create, form, or bring into being: She does wonderful oil portraits.
- to translate into or change the form or language of: MGM did the book into a movie.
- to study or work at or in the field of: I have to do my math tonight.
- to explore or travel through as a sightseer: They did Greece in three weeks.
- (used with a pronoun, as it or that, or with a general noun, as thing, that refers to a previously mentioned action): You were supposed to write thank-you letters; do it before tomorrow, please.
- to wear out;
tire: That last set of tennis did me.
- to cheat, trick, or take advantage of: That crooked dealer did him for $500 at poker.
- to attend or participate in: Let's do lunch next week.
- to use (a drug or drugs), esp. habitually: The police report said he was doing cocaine.
- to act or conduct oneself;
be in action;
- to rob;
steal from: The law got him for doing a lot of banks.
- to proceed: to do wisely.
- to get along;
manage: to do without an automobile.
- to be in health, as specified: Mother and child are doing fine.
- to serve or be satisfactory, as for the purpose;
suffice: Will this do?
- to finish or be finished.
- to happen;
transpire: What's doing at the office?
- (used as a substitute to avoid repetition of a verb or full verb expression): I think as you do.
- (used in interrogative, negative, and inverted constructions): Do you like music? I don't care. Seldom do we witness such catastrophes.
- [Archaic.](used in imperatives with you or thou expressed;
and occasionally as a metric filler in verse): Do thou hasten to the king's side. The wind did blow, the rain did fall.
- (used to lend emphasis to a principal verb): Do visit us!
- do a number on (someone). See number (def. 27).
- do away with:
- to put an end to;
- to kill.
- do by, to deal with;
treat: He had always done well by his family.
- do for:
- to cause the defeat, ruin, or death of.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to cook and keep house for;
manage or provide for.
- do in, [Informal.]
- to kill, esp. to murder.
- to injure gravely or exhaust;
ruin: The tropical climate did them in.
- to cheat or swindle: He was done in by an unscrupulous broker.
- do one proud. See proud (def. 11).
- do one's number. See number (def. 28).
- do one's (own ) thing. See thing 1 (def. 17).
- do or die, to make a supreme effort.
- do out of, [Informal.]to swindle;
cheat: A furniture store did me out of several hundred dollars.
- do over, to redecorate.
- do time, [Informal.]to serve a term in prison: It's hard to get a decent job once you've done time.
- do to death. See death (def. 15).
- do up, [Informal.]
- to wrap and tie up.
- to pin up or arrange (the hair).
- to renovate;
- to wear out;
- to fasten: Do up your coat.
- to dress: The children were all done up in funny costumes.
- do with, to gain advantage or benefit from;
make use of: I could do with more leisure time.
- do without:
- to forgo;
- to dispense with the thing mentioned: The store doesn't have any, so you'll have to do without.
- have to do with. See have (def. 36).
- make do, to get along with what is at hand, despite its inadequacy: I can't afford a new coat so I have to make do with this one.
- a burst of frenzied activity;
- a hairdo or hair styling.
- a swindle;
- [Chiefly Brit.]a festive social gathering;
- dos and don'ts, customs, rules, or regulations: The dos and don'ts of polite manners are easy to learn.
Wewe (wē),USA pronunciation pron. pl., [possessive] our or ours, [objectective]us.
- nominative pl. of I.
- (used to denote oneself and another or others): We have two children. In this block we all own our own houses.
- (used to denote people in general): the marvels of science that we take for granted.
- (used to indicate a particular profession, nationality, political party, etc., that includes the speaker or writer): We in the medical profession have moral responsibilities.
- Also called the royal we. (used by a sovereign, or by other high officials and dignitaries, in place of I in formal speech): We do not wear this crown without humility.
- Also called the editorial we. (used by editors, writers, etc., to avoid the too personal or specific I or to represent a collective viewpoint): As for this column, we will have nothing to do with shady politicians.
- you (used familiarly, often with mild condescension or sarcasm, as in addressing a child, a patient, etc.): We know that's naughty, don't we? It's time we took our medicine.
- (used in the predicate following a copulative verb): It is we who should thank you.
- (used in apposition with a noun, esp. for emphasis): We Americans are a sturdy lot.
Wearwear (wâr),USA pronunciation v., wore, worn, wear•ing, n.
- to carry or have on the body or about the person as a covering, equipment, ornament, or the like: to wear a coat; to wear a saber; to wear a disguise.
- to have or use on the person habitually: to wear a wig.
- to bear or have in one's aspect or appearance: to wear a smile; to wear an air of triumph.
- to cause (garments, linens, etc.) to deteriorate or change by wear: Hard use has worn these gloves.
- to impair, deteriorate, or consume gradually by use or any continued process: Long illness had worn the bloom from her cheeks.
- to waste or diminish gradually by rubbing, scraping, washing, etc.: The waves have worn these rocks.
- to make (a hole, channel, way, etc.) by such action.
- to bring about or cause a specified condition in (a person or thing) by use, deterioration, or gradual change: to wear clothes to rags; to wear a person to a shadow.
- to weary;
exhaust: Toil and care soon wear the spirit.
- to pass (time) gradually or tediously (usually fol. by away or out): We wore the afternoon away in arguing.
- to bring (a vessel) on another tack by turning until the wind is on the stern.
- to gather and herd (sheep or cattle) to a pen or pasture.
- to undergo gradual impairment, diminution, reduction, etc., from wear, use, attrition, or other causes (often fol. by away, down, out, or off).
- to retain shape, color, usefulness, value, etc., under wear, use, or any continued strain: a strong material that will wear; colors that wear well.
- (of time) to pass, esp. slowly or tediously (often fol. by on or away): As the day wore on, we had less and less to talk about.
- to have the quality of being easy or difficult to tolerate, esp. after a relatively long association: It's hard to get to know him, but he wears well.
- (of a vessel) to come round on another tack by turning away from the wind.
- [Obs.]to be commonly worn;
to be in fashion.
- wear down:
- to reduce or impair by long wearing: to wear down the heels of one's shoes.
- to weary;
tire: His constant talking wears me down.
- to prevail by persistence;
overcome: to wear down the opposition.
- wear off, to diminish slowly or gradually or to diminish in effect;
disappear: The drug began to wear off.
- wear out:
- to make or become unfit or useless through hard or extended use: to wear out clothes.
- to expend, consume, or remove, esp. slowly or gradually.
- to exhaust, as by continued strain;
weary: This endless bickering is wearing me out.
- wear thin:
- to diminish;
weaken: My patience is wearing thin.
- to become less appealing, interesting, tolerable, etc.: childish antics that soon wore thin.
- the act of wearing;
use, as of a garment: articles for winter wear; I've had a lot of wear out of this coat.
- the state of being worn, as on the person.
- clothing or other articles for wearing, esp. when fashionable or appropriate for a particular function (often used in combination): travel wear; sportswear.
- gradual impairment, wasting, diminution, etc., as from use: The carpet shows wear.
- the quality of resisting deterioration with use;
Weddingwed•ding (wed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act or ceremony of marrying;
- the anniversary of a marriage, or its celebration: They invited guests to their silver wedding.
- the act or an instance of blending or joining, esp. opposite or contrasting elements: a perfect wedding of conservatism and liberalism.
- a merger.
- of or pertaining to a wedding: the wedding ceremony; a wedding dress.
Ringsring1 (ring),USA pronunciation n., v., ringed, ring•ing.
- a typically circular band of metal or other durable material, esp. one of gold or other precious metal, often set with gems, for wearing on the finger as an ornament, a token of betrothal or marriage, etc.
- anything having the form of such a band: a napkin ring; a smoke ring.
- a circular or surrounding line or mark: dark rings around the eyes.
- a circular course: to dance in a ring.
- a number of persons or things situated in a circle or in an approximately circular arrangement: a ring of stones; a ring of hills.
- the outside edge of a circular body, as a wheel;
- an enclosed area, often circular, as for a sports contest or exhibition: a circus ring.
- a bullring.
- an enclosure in which boxing and wrestling matches take place, usually consisting of a square, canvas-covered platform with surrounding ropes that are supported at each corner by posts.
- the sport of boxing;
prizefighting: the heyday of the ring.
- (formerly in the U.S., now only in Brit.) an area in a racetrack where bookmakers take bets.
- a group of persons cooperating for unethical, illicit, or illegal purposes, as to control stock-market prices, manipulate politicians, or elude the law: a ring of dope smugglers.
- a single turn in a spiral or helix or in a spiral course.
- [Geom.]the area or space between two concentric circles.
- See annual ring.
- a circle of bark cut from around a tree.
- a number of atoms so united that they may be graphically represented in cyclic form. Cf. chain (def. 7).
- rowlock (def. 1).
- a bowlike or circular piece at the top of an anchor, to which the chain or cable is secured. See diag. under anchor.
- Also called spinning ring. (in the ring-spinning frame) a circular track of highly polished steel on which the traveler moves and which imparts twists to the yarn by variations in its vertical movement.
- a unit of measurement of the diameter of cigars, equal to 1/64 of an inch.Also called ring gauge.
- See piston ring.
- a set that is closed under the operations of addition and multiplication and that is an Abelian group with respect to addition and an associative semigroup with respect to multiplication and in which the distributive laws relating the two operations hold.
- run rings around, to be obviously superior to;
outdo: As an artist, she can run rings around her brother.
- throw or toss one's hat in or into the ring. See hat (def. 7).
- to surround with a ring;
- to form into a ring.
- to insert a ring through the nose of (an animal).
- to hem in (animals) by riding or circling about them.
- to girdle (def. 11).
- (in horseshoes, ringtoss, etc.) to encircle (a stake or peg) with a ring, horseshoe, etc.
- to form a ring or rings.
- to move in a ring or a constantly curving course: The road rings around the mountain.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Lovelove (luv),USA pronunciation n., v., loved, lov•ing.
- a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
- a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
- sexual passion or desire.
- a person toward whom love is felt;
- (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
- a love affair;
an intensely amorous incident;
- sexual intercourse;
- (cap.) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
- affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
- strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
- the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.
- the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
- [Chiefly Tennis.]a score of zero;
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.
- for love:
- out of affection or liking;
- without compensation;
gratuitously: He took care of the poor for love.
- for the love of, in consideration of;
for the sake of: For the love of mercy, stop that noise.
- in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion: a youth always in love.
- in love with, feeling deep affection or passion for (a person, idea, occupation, etc.);
enamored of: in love with the girl next door; in love with one's work.
- make love:
- to embrace and kiss as lovers.
- to engage in sexual activity.
- no love lost, dislike;
animosity: There was no love lost between the two brothers.
- to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
- to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
- to have a strong liking for;
take great pleasure in: to love music.
- to need or require;
benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
- to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
- to have sexual intercourse with.
- to have love or affection for another person;
be in love.
- love up, to hug and cuddle: She loves him up every chance she gets.
Hello there, this attachment is about Charming Why Do We Wear Wedding Rings #10 Vein Of Love. This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 983 x 524. This picture's file size is just 61 KB. If You desired to download This attachment to Your computer, you might Click here. You could too see more photos by clicking the photo below or see more at this post: Why Do We Wear Wedding Rings.
Here are some Charming Why Do We Wear Wedding Rings #10 Vein Of Love recommendations. First Points Getting Diamonds. For folks who live-in Newyork and surrounding locations, you need to visit with many shops diamonds are renowned enough to hunt the ring that is best down. Three items to move is Platinum Centre, New Silver Centre and Marketplace and its own surroundings. Take the correct provider to get a band to propose to advantage of the per cent installment ability having a bank card in the lender and manage your spending cash flow in the future!
When you need to choose the greatest Charming Why Do We Wear Wedding Rings #10 Vein Of Love, on your wedding party, properly, those methods may be applied. Hopefully it can stimulate you to feel which one is the best.
Observe the Correct Period to Purchase. When obtaining someone usually, the men may establish the date of a genuinely special. Holiday Year and valentine's specific times to give the band to suggest towards the couple. On the third morning of the packages, typically jewelry outlets that are many can carry a huge discount. Effectively, this is the appropriate time for you really to buy a ring to recommend!